After I have finished writing my long list of impossible tasks, my New Year's resolution will be to do as little as possible, the bare minimum.
Life comes and goes in waves. Sometimes gently lapping at the shoreline of my existence, a time of reflective thoughts, lost forever in the ethereal cosmos, the best of me gone for ever. What remains is this; mundane ramblings and prosaic prose. My best happens at the cusp between sleep and wake. automatic takes over and all that is resolved to go write out dissolves as I hurry down the stairs, stamping my feet to remind myself I am solid. I may not be so solid, hence the morning routine is.
I was musing over laziness. Ineptitude, masked by the word laziness. Mr Self-Doubt, hiding behind Mrs Lazy. The word continues to bemuse me, for you see, to me, even doing nothing is a struggle. Nothing is the hardest concept to grasp, or the easiest, either way it has got to be the most unpleasant concept to try and grasp. I could say and I will, nothingness doesn't exist, just to cause some controversy. If i am wrong and nothingness does exist, please don't try and prove it to me. I will find out for myself one day, or not...
This reminds me of my life: I have so much to do and am so far behind I will never die :) My problem is not laziness but procrastination. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteAs for nothingness, the scientists are still trying to prove the existence of that :)
Kately, I would say to those scientists, impossible task, and that they are using their experiments as an excuse to do nothing, or be lazy; which I am going to prove are the same thing.. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
I'm with you in doing my best work while still in the throes of the alpha rhythms upon waking. That's one of the reasons I get myself up at 4 a.m. on most days.
ReplyDeleteDoing nothing is a very good thing. And, as you say, very difficult to accomplish.
I am going to try in the coming year to get better at it; to do more with less; to regret less; and to give thanks for more.
I wish you the best!